Exciting News! We have started offering e-visit appointments as an alternative to a traditional in-office appointment for care management and select medical concerns.
What services are offered?
- Breast feeding support
- Nutritional consultation and support
- Care management and medication management for ADHD
- Care management and medication management for asthma
- Acute care visits for select concerns (e.g. rashes, acne, bug bites, pink eye, positive home strep test)
What do I need to schedule an e-visit?
Signing up is easy. Please see instructions to download the Answer Health on Demand app which provides a secure connection. You will also need:
- A strong wireless internet connection (it helps to have all other Wi-Fi enabled devises in your home not streaming or using high amounts of bandwidth while you are conducting an e-visit)
- A smart phone, iPad 2 or later, iPad Mini, Ipod Touch 5th generation or iPad air
- Android OS operation platform version 4.0.3 or later
- iPhone 5 or newer iphone version with iOS v8.0 operation platform or later
Is there an additional fee for an e-visit?
No. The fee schedule is the same as an in-office appointment. An e-visit costs the same as an in office appointment and saves you a drive to our office.
Are e-visits offered after hours?
E-visits are currently being offered during normal business hours.
Will I be able to schedule an e-visit with my child's primary care pediatrician?
Currently only a few of the physicians at Forest Hills Pediatrics are doing e-visits. However, all Forest Hills Pediatric patients are eligible for an e-visit with the physicians listed below.
Other companies/offices will see my child via an e-visit for a cough or urinary tract infection, why won't Forest Hills Pediatrics?
At Forest Hills Pediatrics our first commitment is providing excellent care to our patients. There are some symptoms which require an office evaluation. While we work hard to find innovative ways to improve patient convenience, we are not willing to sacrifice excellent medical care for patient convenience. We are continuously evaluating new ways to provide services to our patients while maintaining a high level of care.
We hope you find e-visits to be a convenient alternative to the traditional in-office visit. Please check back with our website for any future e-visit updates as we continue to work to improve access for our patients. Please call us with any questions.